Sunday, March 29, 2009

Crock-pot Meat Loaf

Crock-pot Meat Loaf
I saw this recipe and had to try it. I just got a new crock-pot for Christmas and love it. It has 3 different size bowls. I have a small bowl for if its just Kody and me. I have a medium bowl and a large bowl for if I'm cooking for a pot-luck. This recipe is very moist. It does not dry out like when you're cooking in an oven.
1 lb. Turkey
1 egg
1 pkg Lipton Onion Soup mix
One handful of Cheez-it Cheese Crackers, crushed
1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce
I usually had a couple of TBS of Wheat Germ (My family doesn't eat enough fiber and this is a way to sneak it in.)
Mix first four ingredients and 1/2 the tomato sauce together in the crockpot bowl. Cook on slow for approximately 3-4 hours. Pour remaining tomato sauce on top of meat loaf. Cook an additional 15 minutes. Serve with mashed potatoes and your favorite veggies. This is one of Kody's favorites.
Makes 4 Servings 1 Serving = 6 pts.

No comments:

Post a Comment