Saturday, January 17, 2009

Outrageous Cookie Bars

I'm also making these for the Fish Fry.
I know my mom used to have a recipe
that sounded similar and these bars were called Hello Dollies.

Outrageous Cookie Bars



1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
1 1/2 cup Honey Maid Graham Cracker Crumbs
1 can (14 oz.) Carnation Sweetened Condensed Milk
2 cups Nestle Toll House Semi Sweet Chocolate Morsels
1 cup coconut flakes
1 cup chopped nuts (For those of you who don't know me I can't stand nuts so I added an extra cup of coconut flakes)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Melt butter in 13 x 9 inch baking pan in oven until melted. Sprinkle graham cracker crumbs over butter, stir, and then press down on the bottom of the pan. Pour 1/4 of the condensed milk over the crumbs. Sprinkle morsels, coconut and nuts. Press firmly. Pour remainin milk on top of layers. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes until light golden brown. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars.
Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment